NIACRO is a voluntary organisation that has been working for almost 50 years to reduce crime and its impact on people and communities. Specifically, its contributions have been to:
- Support the resettlement of adults leaving prison and those on community supervision
- Build skills, confidence and employability of people both in prison and in the community
- Build the resilience of children, young people, families and adults who are displaying behaviour that would put them at risk of engaging with the criminal justice system, supporting positive lifestyle choices
- Influence service providers in the statutory, voluntary and community sector and building their capacity to provide appropriate support and bespoke training
- Contribute to public debate and influencing others with regard to criminal justice matters, at the highest level.
At the heart of NIACRO’s work is a drive to reduce (re)offending within the understanding that integrated and flexible approaches towards desistance are most effective.
For further information on NIACRO’s services, please get in touch: